While undertaking a detoxification cleanse can be intimidating, the benefits of doing so can prove enormous in the both the short-term and the long run when done consistently. One of the most common cleanses with the lemon water detox – in other words lemon-infused water, usually either hot water or room temperature water. Lemon water detoxes are a staple in the detox diet world for both its simplicity and its effectiveness.
Here are the top 10 health benefits of detoxing with lemon water:
- Aids digestion – Lemon juice is very similar to the natural digestive secretions found in our bodies. Drinking lemon water will help keep your digestive system healthy and enable it process food more efficiently. This can be very helpful to people who frequently experience bloating, indigestion, and other painful digestion issues.
- Balances pH in body – Because of the acidity of lemons, people aren’t usually aware of their amazing alkalizing properties. Fresh lemon juice is great for balancing the pH level in your body.
- Anti-aging properties – Lemon juice contains antioxidants that flush toxins such as free radicals (which contribute to chronic illness). Detoxing your skin helps with cell regeneration and results in glowing, younger looking skin. The vitamin C in lemons will also help with collagen production, improving skin elasticity.
- Boosts your immune system – A healthy immune system is an essential part of a person’s well being. Lemon juice allows the body to absorb more iron, which is a major player in maintaining immunity through the production of red blood cells.
- Detoxifies the liver – The liver is responsible for cleaning up your entire system, which means it is a vital part of overall body function. Drinking lemon water on a daily basis will revitalize your liver and allow it to function at its most optimal level, regardless of the damage that it has endured due to unhealthy eating habits and alcohol consumption.
- Promotes healing and regeneration – The vitamin C found in lemon water is especially helpful with cell regeneration. Vitamin C also is renowned for providing you with stronger bones and teeth, better looking skin and improved eyesight.
- Curbs appetite – Lemon water effectively rids your body of toxins and can reduce food cravings. By satisfying cravings with lemon water you can effectively cut down on snacking and the calories that go along with it.
- Cleanses the urinary tract – Because the fusion of lemon and water can be a natural diuretic, lemon water has the ability to cleanse the urinary tract. Frequent urination will flush out waste products from the body at a much faster rate, preventing bacteria formation and ultimately preventing UTIs and many other diseases.
- Excellent for weight loss – Regularly drinking warm lemon water will pave the way toward weight loss goals. As mentioned before, lemon water curbs your appetite, naturally enabling you to eat less. Since lemon water essentially has no calories, you can drink as much as you want without guilt.
- Ensures overall health and well-being – Lemon juice has a vast amount of health benefits and is such a simple and cost-effective way of improving your well-being. In addition to the benefits listed, lemon juice will also lower cholesterol levels, blood pressure, blood sugar level, and also positively affect your mental health.