Natural hair is simply amazing. It looks good, it feels good, it never lacks volume and it makes a woman look much more feminine. But although it has all of these advantages, it can be really difficult to deal with. When you have natural hair, washing it and drying it can be a real burden. Most women who have natural hair are simply tired of dealing with it.
There are all kinds of products for natural hair on today’s market. Some actually do the job they were created to do and others simply load your hair purposelessly.
If you are the proud owner of a beautiful, natural hair, then you know that the way you blow-dry it matters. This is why you are always in the search of new methods to keep the frizz under control.
In this article you will discover one of the best blow dryers for natural hair. Also, you will find useful tips on how to blow dry your hair to obtain amazing results.
What to look for in the best blow dryer?
At a first glance, all blow dryers look the same. If you take a closer look, though, you will notice that the specifications suggest otherwise. The power, materials and advanced features are usually what make the difference.
If you were born with natural hair, you have to be really careful how you dry your hair. Here’s what you should look for in the best blow dryer:
- Wattage – the thicker your hair is, the more wattage you will need. Choose a powerful blow dryer with more than two power increments.
- Technology – ceramic and tourmaline are the most suitable technologies for natural hair. Users can control the heat better when the blow dryer is made of ceramic. On the other hand, tourmaline, a valuable mineral, helps you combat the frizz.
- Cool button – There’s no point in having a high-quality blow dryer if it doesn’t have a cool shot button. Setting the style is so much easier when you can use a colder airflow. The cold air practically seals the cuticle, making your hair look shinier and healthier.
- Accessories – choose a blow dryer with as many accessories as possible. We all know that you will not be satisfied with only one hairstyle. Therefore, if you want to be able to try out various styles, you should have the attachments that can help you obtain the desired results.
- Design – natural hair doesn’t dry completely in just a few minutes. You always have to use the blow dryer for at least 10 minutes. An ergonomic design is what will make the whole experience much more pleasant. Try to hold the blow dryer before buying it and see if it seems comfortable enough.
How to get the most out of your blow drying routine?
Owning the best blow dryer on the market won’t help much if you stick to old, unhealthy habits. Take into consideration the following advice the next time you blow dry your hair:
- Detangle your hair first using a special brush or your fingers
- Separate your hair into sections if possible
- Wet the hair if it starts to dry on its own
- Use heat-protectant products
- Use medium heat
- Blow dry down and let the air flow in the same direction as the cuticle
- Use the cool shot button in the end
Using a round brush is also an option. Although it might be difficult to do it on your own, it is worth the time and effort. The curls can settle down and you can obtain an elegant hairstyle.
If you’re trying to get a perfect, curly natural hair and not the straight style, then your technique should change. In that case, it is important to use one of the blow dryer’s attachments that allow you to keep your hair together, such as the diffuser.
In the event that you want those gorgeous curls to come out perfectly, keep the heat as low as possible and don’t forget about the cool shot at the end.
The best blow dryer for natural hair is: The T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Ion Generator Hair Dryer.
There are plenty of high-quality blow dryers on the market that are worth the investment. But there is always a product that catches up your attention more than others. In this case, it was the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Ion Generator Hair Dryer.
When you look at its price for the first time, it’s highly probable that you will want to skip this product. But as soon as you will see what it can do, you will suddenly be ready to invest a bit more. This is definitely a long-term investment.
Being designed especially for frizzy, thick hair, this product is one of the best blow dryers for natural hair. The main benefits it provides your hair with are the following:
- Frizz is considerably reduced
- Hair becomes shinier
- Retention is increased
- Hair remains healthy
The product uses SoftAire technology that is meant to keep your hair healthy and even healthier than air-drying. It includes a ceramic brush that helps you style your hair in various ways.
It is made of ceramic and tourmaline and it emits negative ions. The hair dries faster thanks to infrared heat.
It has 2 speeds and 3 heat settings, as well as a cool shot button. The handle is ergonomic and the 9-feet long cord makes it easy and comfortable to use.
The ion-enriched airflow is capable of drying large sections of hair faster, more efficiently, leaving fewer frizzes in your hair.
As you analyze it, it becomes better and better, as it is quiet and extremely lightweight. It belongs to the professional blow dryers category and is covered by a 2-year warranty.
Its design is simply amazing: shiny, ergonomic, dark-colored and discrete. The best thing about it is that it can be used on dry hair, too. Of course, it makes a slight difference on natural hair, but it’s there.
If you’re not convinced yet, know that it won the Allure Best of Beauty Award two times in a row in 2013, for the Best Blow dryer and the Best Breakthrough.
Still wondering if it’s worth the investment? Go try it out and let us know what your experience was like.